Thursday, June 27, 2013

Done

I broke up with him.
Finally.
Sunday or Monday he asked if I had doubts. I said yes.
It was a huge struggle to put mg thoughts out in the open though.
Tuesday I went to dinner with my dad and stepmom and step siblings and my stepmom told me that by prolonging it I wasn't showing him love.
I told her I had wanted to but thought maybe after our vacation since I had paid for it.
She told me that was rude and selfish.
(He has been asking me to still go even now.)
I asked her to pray for me then. Pray I find the strength.
I'll tell ya, when God gives you strength he lays it on you.
I went home and broke it off, packed a bag, and went to my mom's.
For two hours or so we talked and argued and it's crazy because I can barely remember what was said. I just know that I knew what I needed to do and all of a sudden it was unbearably suffocating to be with him.
His negative attitude is something that leaks and pours into the atmosphere around him.
He's a very unhappy and searching person.
It wasn't easy at all for me to do this and he called me and the texted me until 3 am.
The calls alone were 30 to 45 minutes long and it was the same thing over and over and over.
I slept two hours and woke up at five am and started crying.
I told God that it wasn't much, but I was making an attempt to commit to Him.
My friend L came over that night since my mom is on vacation.
It was such a rough night.
He called and begged and pleaded and got angry and L just rubbed my back or hugged me as I cried.
I cried and cried some more.
I curled into a ball and felt my eyes grow heavier from tears and exhaustion.
I went to work on two hours of sleep (I think L got less) and then cried on break.
They said at 1 I could go home since all the ladies asking me about it brought me even more tears.
I cried after work, sobbing even.
At 4, I went with my stepmom to get some things.
He cried and begged and pleaded. In the end I had to go.
I had no emotions for him, none that made me want to stay.
Just love and that I was sorry.
He called and talked for 45 minutes and I put it on speaker because I was tired of holding my damn phone.
My stepsister thinks he's a cry baby and an asshole all at once.
My stepmom is floored by his manipulations.
I became numb to them. Four and a half years is a while to bury it and turn away from reality.
He called two hours later to say that if I didn't get my stuff he was throwing it out on the street.
I came, more talking and crying and pleading.
I took a few bags and left.
From there I went to L's house and sat on the kitchen floor sobbing.
It breaks my heart that it has to be done but it's not right and I don't feel the same about him.
We are unhealthy together.
Tony called me again and was freaking out and it stressed me out more.
I ended up laying my head on his leg and bawling.
There was probably a good ten straight minutes or more of tears and nothing else.
The hole from uprooting this is big. It's deep and it aches.
There's a quote by C.S. Lewis that says, "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
It has been my mantra, just running over and over.
That and praying.
God promised he would help so I'm clinging to that promise.
My faith is what's going to be my anchor.
I don't remember what I asked, maybe I said I was sorry I looked like this, all pathetic and sad.
L said, "I feel lucky to see you this way. I get to see every aspect of you, not just the happy side or the side you show people. And when I look at you all I can think is God, she's so beautiful."
He was so sincere in that moment.
I guess that's how I just knew this was the right choice.
Yesterday I got all my things out and he freaked out and threw our picture at a mirror and broke both the mirror and frame.
Crying.
Begging.
Saying I did it out of the blue and didn't give him a chance to change.
My heart has cracked over and over and I just keep praying and riding out the wave.
I said that I doubted things would change because we gall into old patterns.
I even admitted that I'm not in love with him, only love him.
He said goodbye forever and then was begging me to stay. 
I said no.
He wouldn't even let me say goodbye to my dog.
He gave her to me! She's mine!
More crying.
I offered to pay for her and the cost was one chance.
I said no.
I'm so distraught about this.
Now he's letting me see her at four and I'm just so exhausted with this.
I don't want to see him. I want a nap and to disappear because that's easier than facing him.
I don't want to fucking try.
My intentions aren't cruel! We just don't work! I'm sorry for my wrong doings and I'm sorry he hurts!
I know it hurts to have your heart snapped and I'm not even stepping on it or spitting on it.
I care for him a lot.
It's just... over...
Please...
So this is where I'm at.
If you do any praying, please put one in for me.

22 comments:

  1. I'm not a believer but if I was I'd pray for you. I'm reminded of how dreams about crying always make me calm.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. :)
      They do? I wonder why. Interesting.

      Delete
  2. Oh darling... I've been so worried about you, wondering how you'd cope once it was over.

    It can't have been easy to stand your ground while Tony cried and pleaded. You're a strong woman, don't forget that. You've done nothing wrong, and you deserve so much better than an unhealthy relationship.

    I'm so sorry about your dog. Is she registered to you? I was so scared about my ex taking my cat when we broke up, as he'd bought her for me, but she was registered in my name so she stayed put.

    I'm not the praying type, but you're in my thoughts dear. Holla at me on FB if you need to talk or if there's anything I can do, okay?

    Love you sweetheart *HUGSHUGSHUGSHUGSHUGS*
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like I'm not... he keeps talking to me and I answer but I don't feel the same so it's kind of crappy and he can tell I was serious. It's like ripping band aids every day.

      She isn't... he let me see her last night and let me take her home. I just brought her back when I went to work. It's killing me though..
      I probably will. Thanks dear <3

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry that you're hurting, but I do think you did the right thing. I don't pray, but i'll keep you in my thoughts. Xx Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's just painful. Thanks girl.

      Delete
  4. That hole from being uprooted might be deep enough to go to China. But is replanting the tree a good idea? You could throw in a lot of dirt and pack it tight, but would it look the same? You just have to fill it up with hugs and back rubs, with songs and movies, with tears and screams and sometimes silence. And one day, even when you haven't gotten up and out of your head for days, you'll look out the window and realize the sun is still shining.

    I'm thinking of you real hard right now, wishing I could give you a giant rib-crushing hug. Right around this time 3 short years ago I was in the same position- not heartbreak, but a broken trust, betrayal, and worhtlessness. Not saying it was the worst thing in history, but it made me firmly believe you can never trust anyone. I cut and cursed and starved and was numb for a long time, but I got on. Love you so much dear, let me know if you need a texting buddy or a video chat buddy or whatever. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( it always gets better, it's just the getting there.

      Delete
  5. Well done Eve, you have such strength to have been able to make such a difficult decision even if you know that it is right. You are so brave. I'm thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would just completely cut it off and have no contact but it's so hard and I'm afraid he'll take my dog..

      Delete
  6. aaahhh it says your email is wrong, its being weird. ok, just email me at prettysmilesfakelies@gmail.com >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Eve. Thinking of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh I'm so proud of you Eve xx BIG HUGS. You did the right thing!! I think what Tony is doing to you is unfair, he's just hurting both of you even more! :( I reckon once you've got all your stuff you should cut of contact completely for a little while (tell him first). Like no phone-calls, texts, fb messages... breakups are really difficult, sometimes a cooling off period is required! Remember even though you were the one that broke up with him, you still need to think about your health, never let someone else's drama affect your own well-being. Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand why he does but it really hurts. I love him but it just isn't going to work...

      I'm trying to put myself first but it gets hard because I'm a people pleaser that cares too much.

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry you're so distressed Eve, it sounds like a tough time. I don't know if you'll find any comfort in this, but I can clearly see from reading this post alone that you are better off without him. You deserve more than all the tears he has put you through and I hope, with prayers and your faith in God, that you realise your strength to be able to get through this. I shall pray for you in Church tomorrow. God is watching over you xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I can use all the prayers and direction I can take. Faith is difficult to do.

      Delete
  10. hugs
    just cry let it out
    thinking of you honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl :( it comes in spurts and the mornings are the worst. <3

      Delete
  11. I'm glad you did it.
    I understand it hurts and I wish I could hug you or say something to magically make it better.
    But prolonging it would have only brought more pain for both of you.
    You were brave for doing this. And your mantra is right, things will get better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the worst feeling... I keep going and keep going and the hurt has taken a seat next to me.

      Delete
    2. But at least you're going! Eventually the hurt is going to get off at a stop and it'll leave you alone.

      Delete