Monday, May 4, 2015

My Life, As Told By Scrubs


Everything really amounts to the fact that 



And half the time I'm floundering around trying to figure out how to adult like


I ask people for advice, stew over it, then tell myself I must be a 
 

But then it seems I always have to learn the hard way and find out maybe my trusted friends/family were right and now I have all this emotional pain I don't know what to do with...

Toiling over whether to break up with my boyfriend like


And then sinking into a pit of guilt and despair because he said some things that were semi true and maybe I'm thinking of ending a relationship that I could have saved and I'll never make a relationship with a successful guy work and I'm crazy and my friends are giving me facts and I'm all like


Then I go back in and try to make it work but he ends up poking where it hurts and then the doubt begins again.


But all I really want is for him to say


But 

And


What it really comes down to is that I'm scared to be alone and make decisions for myself and I don't know why.

Which then leads me to paralysis and failure to act, wanting someone to hand me the answer feeling like 

Discovering areas of pride in the process


Hoping that I learn to take this advice:









7 comments:

  1. I have never watched Scrubs but I like how you used all the memes to tell your story. I tried to do that with my latest post about going to the gym... but I was feeling too creative to use other people's words for the whole thing so I just threw in a few. The Paramore one at the end took me forever to find, but I wasn't gonna hit 'publish' without it. Anyway I'm rambling...I do hope that you're able to conquer these fears and fight for yourself. You've got to break this mindset and follow through on that last meme. Do you. Isn't that what you always told me? I'm trying to take that to heart, slowly...really painfully slowly. But I am moving forward -- and I hope you are, too.

    Keep in touch, eh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I am. :) I've been sort of quiet I suppose but working on new posts and catching up on your blog.

      Delete
  3. I'm 30 and I still don't know how to adult.

    Being alone and making decisions IS scary. For most people I think. As for those who don't seem scared, I'm convinced they need to be studied so the rest of us can figure out how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're giving me such hope. :P And yes, those assholes need to give us the secret!

      Delete
  4. great choice of pictures, you saved the best one for last :)
    hope you decide what's best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love that show. It's kind of cheesy sometimes but I was like, man, you know my life. :D I'm trying to decide anyway.

      Delete